Monday, January 14, 2013

Speed Racing in Europe

Hello everybody!

We arrived in Italy last night, and after a dinner that included pasta as a pre courser to meat and potatoes I was feeling very full and very excited about racing Downhill in the morning (and slightly concerned about weight gain). My excitement this morning was short lived however because we awoke to a wintery blizzard scene outside our bedroom window.  We're now waiting to hear if we will get to ski at all today.

Not ideal visibility for Downhill

 Up until this point of our Europe trip we've been racing Super G in Austria and Germany. The highlight for me so far was placing 4th in a race that included many of the top girls from North America. Also, I got a sweet trophy.

My teammate Julia from the Ontario Team and I both had good days. That's her in second place!



Our Hotel and the Church in the town of Spital,  Austria

Waiting for the train to go up the mountain. No chairlifts!

Garmisch, Germany for more Super G races. I loved the town!

Vicky and Sarah


Bye Garmisch! (We were there for two days)


Coach Donn Lyon on the chair

In the time it's taken me to write this post amidst the internet cutting in and out, we have heard back that this entire week of races has been cancelled due to too much snow! We're heading out to ski 40cm of powder while the coaches re-adjust our plan. Gotta go!!

Thanks for reading,

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment